Graphic Tee Contest Guidelines
Here is further information that may help you with your designs. Be sure to read it thoroughly to insure that if/when your design is printed, that it looks its absolute best.
The design will be a Direct to Garment (DTG) print.
It will be printed on the American Apparel 2001 t-shirt. The American Apparel 2001 is the classic t-shirt. Its fine jersey cotton construction makes it extremely soft and comfortable to wear, so it's a good choice for a day-to-day outfit – it's durable and can withstand several washings while retaining its shape and color.
- 100% combed ring-spun cotton*
- Fabric weight: 4.3 oz/yd² (146 g/m²)
- Shoulder-to-shoulder taping
- Double-stitched sleeves and bottom hem
- Made in the USA
*Heather grey is 90% cotton/10% polyester
There are 3 color options for the shirts (We will pick the best one (or more) for the designs): White, Navy, and Heather Grey.
Submitting the File:
File size should be 12"x16" --download the template here:
Submit PNG or JPEG files with at least 150 DPI
We recommend PNG if you want to have a transparent background and JPEG for everything else. 300 DPI (dots per printed inch) is recommended.
Export files as sRGB
Make sure your print file is set to the sRGB color profile.
Remove template guidelines
When using our templates, delete the guideline layers before saving your files. If you don't delete them, they'll show up on the print.
Tips for Best Results
- Semi-transparent graphics (or elements with lowered opacity) don't translate well in DTG printing. We advise you use solid colors. Watch the video below for more info!
- Simply typing in a new resolution into the file won't result in a higher resolution print. If your graphic's resolution is too low, the best solution is to recreate it.
- Black ink will appear grey on black garments because of the white under base we print. Leave these areas transparent when designing for black garments.
- Avoid using graphics with perfect borders for sleeve printing, since the print can warp slightly when the sleeve is being pulled off the pallet.
- We don't print white ink on white shirts. That means if you upload a white graphic for a white garment, nothing will print. We recommend using different colors on white garments.
- Slight discrepancies in print placement are possible with DTG.
- We can't guarantee 100% color accuracy if your files haven't been adjusted using our DTG color swatches.
Things to Remember:
- Content that is hateful, illegal, and that violates intellectual property rights will not be accepted.
- All submissions are due by June 30, 2019.
- One submission per artist.
- Email submissions to Devan at email@example.com
- One design will be picked by the Corbello's Menswear team and one will be chosen in a popular vote via social media.